When we get a chance to talk to customers or businesses about their experiences in shipping or exporting to Mexico, we tend to learn a lot. We work with hundreds of clients and businesses who have previously had something come up while shipping from the U.S. to Mexico that they didn’t quite expect. Whether they were shipping a single package, a less than a load (or LTL) shipment, or multiple trucks full of equipment, we’ve consistently heard a lot of the same issues about shipping out of the country.
Estafeta USA is the expert when it comes to helping our customers ship in between Mexico and the United States, and has been making sure our clients know exactly what to expect when it comes to partnering with us for their shipping needs. Now, we wanted to share some of those insights with you as you export to Mexico.
- Work With A Knowledgeable Customs Partner. Dealing with shipping across the US-Mexico border is a complex issue, because of the multiple factors in play. Getting a package across customs is not only one of those important factors, it’s arguably the most important factor, as your package will not enter the country at all without the right paperwork. If your company is shipping internally, or working with a new service, they may not have the proper expertise in place to ensure that your package gets through each country.
- Have the Right Options for Shipment. We deal with different types of companies and customers all the time; everything from small businesses who needed an occasional LTL pickup, to large businesses who need full warehousing services to Mexico. Whether you need to ensure that your package is delivered via ground shipping to get the most cost effective delivery, or if you need something more robust like administration and fulfillment, make sure the company you are working with understands up front what your priorities are, and how they can best help you with those needs.
- Get The Right Price. How much are you shipping? What are those shipments worth? Being able to answers these questions up front helps ensures that you get the clearance you need for any and all international packages, and avoid an unwelcome surprise in the process. Our experts make sure to ask you for all the details up front, discuss your options, and then set up the best way for you to ship anything you need.
- Protect Your Packages. Depending on what you’re shipping, you may need to get insurance or damage options to protect your business from unexpected losses. Along with attractive insurance offers that make sure you’re fully covered, make sure the company you’re working with also provides GPS tracking tools so you can make sure your package gets from point A to point B without any setbacks.
- Understand Your Distribution. Estafeta USA prides itself on offering great single-service, multi-service, and turnkey solutions to businesses shipping to Mexico, but there’s nothing “turnkey” about losing a package or having your distribution being mismanaged. We offer a lot of services when it comes to shipping, but one thing you can count on is that Estafeta takes care of distribution across Mexico.
- Delivery to the Right Place. Often when you ship to Mexico, other services are limited by how far they will go, and may end up having to add in extra charges just to get your packages to the right place. Estafeta provides single-service delivery options with the largest delivery network in Mexico.
Estafeta USA is proud to offer all of these services to our customers, and many more! If you are currently experiencing difficulties with shipping to Mexico, looking for a better option when it comes to pricing or services, or just want to ship to Mexico with the industry experts, contact us! Just fill out the form on this page, and one of our experts will be in touch with you shortly.